Obtaining a Working Visa in the United States

Obtaining a working visa in the United States is possible through various avenues. Some of these include: P-2, O-1, L-1, EB-1, and H-1B visas.

L-1 visa

Applicants seeking an L-1 working visa in the United States must meet certain requirements. There are some limitations to the types of jobs that qualify. In some cases, a foreign worker can work in the US for less than a year.

An L-1 visa is a non-immigrant working visa that permits foreign workers to transfer to an American office temporarily. The process can take anywhere from six months to a year, depending on the embassy of the applicant’s home country.

EB-1 visa

EB-1 visa is one of the most sought after immigration statuses in the United States. This visa provides the quickest route to permanent residency. However, applicants must meet several requirements in order to qualify for the visa.

EB-1 visa is for individuals who have extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, or business. To qualify, applicants must demonstrate that they have made significant contributions to their field, and that they have national or international acclaim. In order to qualify, applicants must have published articles in major journals, have a position of teaching or research at a university, or have worked as a research professional for at least three years.

H-1B visa

Getting an H-1B visa is a major step in the process of working in the United States. It allows foreign nationals to work in the country for a period of three years. However, Congress has limited the number of H-1Bs available each year. Applicants have to prove that they have a unique need for a foreign worker. In some cases, an employer may be able to extend the H-1B visa for an additional three years.

There are two main types of H-1B visas. The first type is the regular H-1B visa. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or higher in a United States-based program. Applicants may also have an equivalent foreign degree.

P-2 visa

Whether you are an entertainer, artist or circus performer, the P-2 visa is designed for you. It permits you to travel to the United States and participate in certain events. This type of visa is valid for up to one year. However, it has restrictions.

P-2 visas are available for individuals or groups who are participating in a government-approved reciprocal exchange program. If you are interested in applying for a P-2 visa, you should first consult a professional immigration attorney.

O-1 visa

Generally speaking, the O-1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa that is granted to foreign-born individuals who have the ability to perform in a specific field or activity. The O-1 visa is typically valid for up to three years, and can be extended for a period of one year or more.

To qualify for the O-1 visa, the applicant must have “extraordinary ability.” This can be a talent in education, science, art, business, or athletics. It must also be proven that the applicant is coming to the United States to perform at an event in this field.